Ryusuke Taguchi (April 12, 1979) is a Japanese professional wrestler, trained by and currently performing for New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), where he is a former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion and the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion in his fourth reign.
Pursuing several sports in high school, Taguchi competed in 170 lbs (76 kg) class amateur wrestling in college before entering the NJPW dojo in March 2002 and debuting in November of that year at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, wrestling in New Japan's famous junior heavyweight division.
Taguchi's gimmick is akin to a disco dancer, often sporting a short afro and colorful, flamboyant attire and celebrating victories with a post-match dance, encouraging his partners to join in during tag team matches. This has earned Taguchi the nickname "Funky Weapon".
In wrestling Edit
- Finishing moves
- Dodon (Chickenwing facebuster)
- Enban Chuudoku (180° frog splash)
- Milano–saku Dodon's Throne (Elevated double chickenwing dropped into a double knee gutbuster)
- Shika Koroshi (Back to back double underhook piledriver)
- Signature moves
- Front dropkick, sometimes while diving off of the top rope or while springboarding off the ropes
- Multiple suplex variations
- bridging German
- Sitout inverted
- Slingshot crossbody